Monday, January 23, 2012

POMEGRANATE SEEDS: DECEMBER 27


DECEMBER 27: I woke up in the middle of the night having strange dreams! I was looking all over for Bear’s leash because I was a soldier being deployed to Afghanistan, and I was taking him with me but couldn’t take him if he wasn’t leashed. So weird!

I got back to sleep and slept great the rest of the night. Woke up at 7:30 and got up and had a bit of quiet time before taking an online art class this morning.

Tom had put “Irish Oatmeal” in the crockpot last night for this morning’s breakfast. So delicious! (McCann’s Irish Oats (steel cut), cinnamon, milk, brown sugar, chopped apples, topped with maple sugar and walnuts in lieu of the recommended hazel nuts, because we can never find them anywhere)

I took one of Amy McDonald’s free art classes at 9AM this morning. She’s’ so much fun! What a character! Totally unplugged and real! I enjoyed the class a lot!

I did a journal page this morning/afternoon. Felt good to do that again!

I started a 4X4 for Judah’s swap/exchange on the newly resurrected Freakwerx on Facebook. I’ve missed that group of quirky people! :-).

I took a nap this afternoon. What a luxury! It was rudely interrupted by a call to my cell, a spam call, first thing you hear is a ships horn, then “Hi this is your Captain, you could win a cruise….” Hung up before the spiel was finished. Blech!!

I downloaded SKYPE this afternoon, now to figure out how to use it and to convince John to use it so I can talk to Ashlyn!

EDIT: I AM NO LONGER A SKYPE VIRGIN! My friend Kim and I Skyped before dinner tonight! I’m looking forward to Skyping with friends. My friend Elisabeth in London is anxious to Skype with me. Hmmm, do you think that Skype has been added to the Urban Dictionary yet?

Tom cooked steak for dinner tonight. We’d not had meat for several days I was craving some beef! We have a little ceramic grill that John gave us years ago that works well to cook a couple of steaks. Nice to have since our oven’s not working. (It’s a church committee thing, who knows how long it will take to get things up and running again!) We had microwave baked Yukon gold potatoes and a wonderful salad of romaine, grape tomatoes, sliced carrots, celery, radishes, red onion, cucumber, pea pods, red and green peppers. A feast!

Tomorrow I’m going to have lunch with my friend Monique.

Today I printed Snowmen Candy Bar wrappers to give to my young friends. I was going to work on them tonight while we watched TV or movies but was too lazy. I have to make little stocking hats for them. LOL

We watched a movie tonight, COWBOYS AND ALIENS, I gave it to Tom for Christmas. We enjoyed it. Just a silly sci-fi movie, not heavy on plot, fairly predictable, but kinda fun.

I’m off to bed to read for a bit before sleep. Still reading The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's nest. I maybe need to bring it downstairs rather than trying to read when i go to bed. I just don't last long once I climb into my soft comfy bed.

I'm enjoying a cup of rose petal tea before bed!

Good Night Universe! LIFE IS GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment