Monday, June 18, 2012

Gift

Gift by northwoodsluna
Gift, a photo by northwoodsluna on Flickr.

The handprint card is from my little friend Becca, the best thing that has happened to me in the last week. She gave it to me on Friday at a church function, it helped chase my crabbiness away. Becca is such a gift to my life, it kind of takes away some of the ache of not seeing Ashlyn as often as I'd like.


I am still here...
Just working too many long days, buried beneath paperwork.
Referrals for intensive in-home treatment of families comes in faster than I can keep up. There is a waiting list again. The appointments, phone calls, reports, meetings, and e-mails are presenting an unmanageable amount of documentation. I just can't keep up with the casenotes. I end up spending most Saturdays and Sundays sleeping just to ward off the physical exhaustion that overtakes me.

There has been no time for art in the last couple of weeks. No time for blogging of any kind. Speaking of which, I've been asked to be the guest poster on Butterfly Effect the first week of July.

Starting this week I am going to have to start reducing many of my families from once a week meetings to every other week. I am getting two more referrals this week from the county.


Balance..I've got to get some balance back. So far I'm managing, but I know that I can't sustain this pace for a very long time.


This morning I have to go to the dentist for a cleaning before spending the remainder of the day seeing clients. I've chipped a tooth in the last week as well, I hope it doesn't mean that I will have to have another crown. :-/


But while I may sound like I'm less than happy, it's not true. Tired yes, but unhappy no. :-) Just busier than I'm liking at the moment!


I do so hope to catch up on reading/commenting on blogs soon!


LIFE IS GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment