Tuesday, May 29, 2012

New Socks

New Socks by northwoodsluna
New Socks, a photo by northwoodsluna on Flickr.

The last week was a busy one! Work was crazy busy...blah...blah..blah... :-)

Friday night began a rush of graduation parties we needed to attend, we had invitations to two on Friday evening (Only made it to one of them, we were both too tired to go to the one that started at 8:30PM) Saturday we were invited to 4 and made it to them. We didn't go to the actual graduation on Sunday but there were special things going on at church to honor the graduates from the parish in the morning. We did attend them. We have one more party to attend next Saturday. My wallet is feeling a lot thinner!

I slept most of Sunday afternoon. We watched Game of Thrones and read Sunday evening.

Yesterday, Monday, I refused to leave the house. I stayed in PJs all day and read and watched a video. Tom had two Memorial Day Programs he was taking part in. We grilled chicken brats for dinner last night and had deviled eggs, beans, potato salad, chips and watermelon for our evening meal. So nice to be able to get the grill out again! We enjoyed our indoor picnic. It was rainy and cold all weekend.

I also took today off knowing I needed a couple of days at home away from people before entering the work fray again. Originally we planned to get away for the day but we both just wanted to hang out at home. I spent the day in pajamas reading and napping. I had a sinus headache today.

Tomorrow I'm back to work, and the next three days I will see most of my caseload, but I'm grateful that I am returning rested and that it will be a short work week. I have not felt like being on the computer, and I haven't done any art work. I just wanted to read and play a bit of Words with Friends with my son John and a couple of other people (Like Scrabble for anyone who might not know what it is.). I like that it can be played without having to sit for an hour, but in small minutes here and there. I don't care if I win or lose, I just love playing with words. :-)

I didn't get the house cleaning and art work done I thought I'd get done, I guess that is just another indicator of how tired out I've been. I met with one family for a final session on Thursday night and this Thursday I'll close with another family. That and the end of the school year will make for some easier scheduling and my days will have more of a flow. As much as it was bugging me to know that the paperwork continues to mount and I'm so behind, I did not check work mail or turn on my work phone until tonight. the break was really good for me.

I got new socks in the mail today. They're wild and I just love them!

LIFE IS GOOD!

6 comments:

  1. Glad you had a peaceful weekend :) and those socks are awesome!!! :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gina! I hope you have a great rest of the week! Crazy socks are one of the things I love most! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those socks! I have an extensive collection of colorful stripey socks myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy sox are my secret weapon in the trenches of work with high risk kids! ha!

      Delete
  4. I'm a witchy woman, so the crazier the socks the better. I hope the touch week ahead proves to be lighter than you thought!

    And, guess who won a copy of AlmaMia Cienfuegos? Yes, you my lady! http://pagan-culture.blogspot.com/2012/06/twysted-thystle-and-almamia-winners.html

    As soon as I hear from you, I'll email you the ebook. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! I'm thrilled! A soxwitch sister! Few people know about the magic inherant in crazy soxs!!!
      And a copy of AlmaMia Cienfuegos!!!!!

      I'm just now getting around to checking my e-mail and blog comments. Work has been increasingly tougher and tougher. My car has a revolving door that hits me on my luscious hiney each time I get in and out to go to a family's home for family sessions. I apologize that Leonid has not made it to Da Bronx yet! But soon!!! I promise! He's in the box and waiting for me to put on the address label and hidy-ho to the post office (which in our tiny village is only open a few hours a day). Ahhh life in the styx! I'll e-mail you my e-mail address this morning!

      Thank you lovely Magaly!

      Delete