Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Do You Ever??


Wednesday is one of my favorite days of the week, halfway to Friday!  I am not anxious to get back out there today. Last night I got hit in the face with a thrown toy by an angry 7 year old. Thankfully it didn't seem to bruise, but it hurt, and cut the inside of my mouth, it is a little tender this morning. I may yet get a bruise. I"m so tired of getting beat up by children! The thing is, this is one of my favorite children. She has ADHD and Oppositional Defiant Disorder  with very poor impulse control. She thought I was laughing at her and reacted. I wasn't. I used it as a teaching moment, she can be the world's most adorable child one moment and a wild little creature the next. 

Tom has a pastor's meeting at the church this morning, he baked homemade cinnamon rolls last night for this. My morning started out sweeter than last night having one of those rolls with my first cup of coffee, and the singing of newly returning songbirds outside my window. I've done a quick page in my art journal, the first art for ME I've done in weeks. I've another busy and long day ahead of me. 

I got a box from Amazon in yesterday's mail: clips to organize my dozens of spices on the back of cabinet doors to declutter my cupboard and counter top; Tangled Fashionista which is a sort of coloring book to do zentangles and color the outlines of figures and fill in with tangles on the pages; Clarissa Pinkola Estes' new book Untie the Strong Woman. (She wrote among other things Women Women Who Run With the Wolves). It's a big thick book with lots of images of Mary as the Divine Mother across cultures and full of stories. She's an amazing storyteller, I've loved all of her books! I'm so pleased that there is another. Her words always feed me when I am depleted. 

I'd better get to the shower so I can get to work.

Life is good!



1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, God bless you and we all need more people like you caring for our children. I applaud your ability to love even the hurt side of your children...they need love and understanding if they are ever to be able to understand and control themselves. Keep up the good work; you certainly sound as if you've the right attitude. I pray your mouth doesn't hurt anymore...no bruises. Have a lovely day!

    hugz
    Pam

    ReplyDelete