Saturday, March 10, 2012

Art Doll I Received from The Freakwerx Doll Exchange

I've posted a picture of the doll I got from Renee Stockfleth in the Freakwerx exchange. I love this doll/assemblage.


Yesterday was a great day!


So good to see Kendra back from maternity leave! Our team is complete once again. Lots of hugs exchanged! I love my coworkers! And always a delight to see Dr. D. and pick his brain for suggestions for work with the most difficult of the families/kids I serve.


I stopped at the store on the way home to buy birthday card and balloons for Nettie's birthday gift, then came home to get my hair done. Betti did such a great job on my hair! The color is perfect, the cut is really cute! I was feeling very sassy when I got home. When I got home I started dinner, using some of the leftover chicken to make one of our fave casseroles. BUT when I opened what I thought was a can of cream of chicken soup, what I thought was cream of chicken turned out to be Cheddar Cheese soup. Oh well, time to improvise, so instead of the chicken soup, curry powder, lemon juice, I added ground chipotle, lime juice, to the cheddar soup, chicken, broccolli and mushrooms, and instead of topping with croutons I topped it with crushed tortilla chips. I made a package of Vigo's Saffron Rice to go with it. While they were cooking Tom and I blew up the 30 balloons for Nettie's party gift. Man those little balloons are hard to inflate without a pump! Netti thorougly enjoyed this as did a couple dozen or so others. After she'd finished she gave me the biggest tightest hug and had tears in her eyes and said, "That was amazing! No one's ever done anything like that for me before." She's like my other daughter so it was a wonderful night. We had a great time at the party.


I went to bed early last night and slept like a rock all night.


I'm so anxious to get started on artsy stuff and am actually looking forward to spending some time cleaning up the house a bit.


So much I want to do this weekend:


Some cooking: I need to use up the rest of the chicken from the other night and some odds 'n ends in the fridge.


Cleaning HAS to be done.
-Kitchen cleaning needs to be done, I've got a feeling that this week we'll hear that they want to come and do the work they need to do to install the new oven that is waiting to be installed at the parsonage kitchen.
-The upstairs bathroom is sorely in need of cleaning!
- My office is overwhelmingly messy


Art that HAS to be done:
-Art for Karenleigh!
-Art for Amy McD
-ATC for someone who's NEVER done or received an ATC


Art I want to do:
-Carve a stamp or two
- Work on my own daily journal pages
-Start my work in Denise's 7 Circle Jerks Journal.


I want to read a bit as well, in one of the books I've started, and finish one in which I'm nearing the end.


I must go to church tomorrow as I didn't go last week when I was sick.


AND I usually look forward to a nap on Saturday, my guilty pleasure! ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment