Thursday, February 9, 2012

Uncommon Love Story

Uncommon Love Story by northwoodsluna
Uncommon Love Story, a photo by northwoodsluna on Flickr.

All my appointments were cancelled today when the young girl and her family I was to see took an overdose of medication and was hospitalized yesterday. She's been sent on a health and welfare hold to a mental health facility for evaluation today. Her social worker had to accompany her mother in taking the girl to the facility several hours drive away. (I was to have met with County Social workers for staffing so we've put it back a week) I am sorry for the girl and her family, but happy that I had a couple of hours to play in my journal.

With Valentine's day around the corner, I wanted to do something with hearts. I was "tangling" this the other night and it ended up looking like a spider web. Of course it needed a spider! The spider is beads wired to the page. The camera didn't pick up the lovely hues of the dichroic bead body of course, but you get the jist.

When I was in grade school I remember the studying some of Vachel Lindsay's poems, this one always stood out. I of course didn't understand it at the time, but now with age and experience I have more appreciation for the poem.

The Spider and the Ghost of the Fly
BY VACHEL LINDSAY


Once I loved a spider
When I was born a fly,
A velvet-footed spider
With a gown of rainbow-dye.
She ate my wings and gloated.
She bound me with a hair.
She drove me to her parlor
Above her winding stair.
To educate young spiders
She took me all apart.
My ghost came back to haunt her.
I saw her eat my heart.

Wishing you a happy healthy heart free of spiders!

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment