Monday, January 23, 2012

Pieces of Me:JANUARY 12

Pieces of Me by northwoodsluna
Pieces of Me, a photo by northwoodsluna on Flickr.

Some days I just fall apart, and it takes a while to pull myself back together. Today I'm starting out the day feeling pretty much together. I want to quit work so badly and spend more time doing the things I want to do.But until I am financially able to do so I'm going to live as if art and homemaking were my day job and the intensive in-home family counseling I do as my "other" job. (Thank you Terri Jo Doyle! I reread again last night, the piece you sent me months ago!) I'm changing my perspective. I'm picking up pieces of me AGAIN today. :-)

Yesterday's family sessions were OK, had a dad call me Tuesday night, I met with the family last night. Another tantrum from the 12 year old boy. He was totally pissed when Dad and I wrote down house rules, and listed his privileges/consequences/rewards, not unexpected.

I started a journal page last night and finished it this morning, I rather like that...beginning/ending/beginning the day with some art time without thinking about what it looks like, just going intuitively.

The clementine./pomegranate/pistachios/shredded Asiago/Romaine salad we had with dinner last night was wonderful!! (I forgot to pick up feta when I was in town) was delicious!! The dressing is just juice from some of the clementines, a bit of lemon juice, a tsp of balsamic vinegar. Tom says that recipe is a keeper!! I'm looking forward to tonight's squash stuffed with quinoa, pomegranate seeds, a bit of red onion and maple syrup. I would prefer roasting the squash in the oven, but until we get a new one the microwave will suffice to cook the squash.



TO DO LIST TODAY:
Spend time in meditation
Do Journal page
Spend 30 minutes in front of SAD light box
30 minutes of exercise
Get my hair done. (Getting rid of shaggy gray hair and waxing eyebrows will give me a lift!)
Mail check to Biggest Loser round. (Local gals, the pot is over $200 and I'm ready to get serious again about nutrition and activity)
Mail 4X4 to Judah for the Freakwerx exchange
Mail pictures to family.
E-mail updates on clients to social workers, probation officers, teachers.
Update Tx Plans for the two sessions I have later today.
Print materials for sessions with clients
See clients
Paperwork
I can see Friday from here!! It's looking good!

I need to shower to get ready to go have my hair done.
LIFE IS GOOD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment