Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Adrift from Live Journal 7-6-11

Adrift by northwoodsluna
Adrift, a photo by northwoodsluna on Flickr.

I'm really liking this hardly working thing! Enjoying the lull in my caseload before the storm that will inevitably start rumbling after the bliss of summer has worn off. :-)

The lull is coming at a good time for me. I've joined an 8 week creativity group led by Denise Mihalik, the first week's "theme" was anchors, sand and the sea, and ships/boats. It started July 1, and has been woven into every hour of my day and even into my dreams. Amazing the creative juice that is flowing. The ideas and questions come constantly and I'm puzzled as to which one to pay attention to first. It's a grand feeling.

Yesterday I went to get my hair cut and colored, brows waxed and stuff. Always so much fun to see Betti! We laugh so much! She is one of the sweetest human beings ever born! She gave me some pitas she'd baked from a recipe I posted on the FB page, WHAT'S COOKING IN THE NORTHWOODS and a couple of big red tomatoes that her brother brought her from Georgia this past weekend, OMG! An honest to gawd ripe tomato, and not the anemic hydroponic type we get in our local stores from Canada. (No offense to Canadians, we're thankful for your hydroponics expertise!)

Our little mom and pop grocery store has been sold to a younger couple who have good plans for the little store, including stocking some organic things. So happy to hear about this!

It's a glorious summer morning so I need to get off the computer and get outside for a walk while it's still cool. Then a journal page, paperwork, and a bit of house cleaning. I also intend to start working on the big canvas assemblage, VISIONS, that I have had in the works for about a year now!

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment