Tuesday, November 27, 2012

santa's little helper by northwoodsluna
santa's little helper, a photo by northwoodsluna on Flickr.

Kasey posted on FB, the pic of Ashlyn helping decorate the tree tonight. So sweet! We'll have "Christmas" with all the kids, in Fargo on December 15. I can't wait to see them all again!

I took a break from the computer for the entire long weekend, only signing on briefly for e-mail checks and updates on FB from my family. The break was good for me.

Tom and I had a quiet Thanksgiving Day, he did the cooking for our meal. It was delicious. I crawled into the long weekend feeling exhausted. I think I'm getting too old for the energy that my job requires of me. We had awful weather on Thanksgiving, mostly ice and wind, so we were actually glad that none of the kids were coming here for the day. Julie was with Matt and his family, Noah with Kay and her family, John, Kasey and Ashlyn had a quiet low key day with the neighbors, Kasey was on call at the hospital so they didn't make big plans. Thursday I read, napped, watched videos and a bit of football.

Friday I played in the art room all day, and then in the evening we went to a wedding reception for gay friends who got married in Maryland in August. That was fun and very lovely.

Saturday for lunch, we went to Roseau to use a coupon for a free meal for my birthday, I had a margarita and a piece of carrot cake as well. I took a nap when we got back. Sunday was church.

I got a surprise today, Anni sent me a gift card for my birthday, a couple days early so that I could take advantage of any Cyber Monday deals at Dick Blick. With the 25% off everything sale they had today, plus the gift card I was able to buy pan pastels that I've wanted for a long time. I can't wait for them to get here to play with.

Today was a busy work day, I'm not liking the later hours I'm having to work these days, it looks like there will be lots of nights I won't be home before 8 or 9PM.

Julie called on Thanksgiving, she and Matt might be coming for Christmas, but we'll see. The weather can be such a beyotch between here and the Twin Cities. Still I hope.... :-)

I"m tired but my brain won't shut down tonight. Ugh!

But all in all LIFE IS GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment