Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What The Big Orange?

What The Big Orange? by northwoodsluna
What The Big Orange?, a photo by northwoodsluna on Flickr.

W.T.B.O. = What The Big Orange? It's a private joke in our circle of 7 round robin.

I've been swamped with work. I've gotten 4 new referrals in less than 2 weeks on top of my already full caseload. I'm going to have to do some juggling of glass balls for a bit.but I have a good attitude about it as it means that I'll be able to put a bit of money away for the trip we plan sometime late summer or early fall. My cases are really getting harder as well but at least one of them is going really well so I can decrease frequency of visits when possible so that will help.


We left early to Fargo on Saturday for the day, and got home late evening. I had a great time playing with Ashlyn. I watched her all afternoon while Tom and "the kids" piled into an SUV to drive downtown to place their bets and enjoyed some pre-Derby beverages. None of the 12 of us won any of our bets won but it adds to the fun! (Tom and I placed small bets).When Ashlyn woke up from her nap we played with play-doh I'd brought, her doll house, and went to the playground. We had a wonderful time! She also wanted to play with a big ball outside, rode her bike and her little electric car, and we engaged in a game of run and hide from the dragon. She has a great imagination! While we were playing with her doll house she talked to me about going to Mommy's and Daddy's houses and told me something about her Mommy's boyfriend that upset me. It kind of put a shadow on the day for me. I didn't want to talk to John about it in front of other people as they had been consuming alcohol, but I spoke with him first thing Sunday morning to tell him about it. I worry that she might have witnessed domestic abuse of Mommy by the boyfriend. It made me sick to my stomach. She talks to me about a lot of things. I didn't want to "contaminate" by talking to her too much about it and when I spoke to John I told him why he needs to be careful in case there is something that should be investigated. God that upset me to have that talk.


I was really wiped out on Sunday so didn't go to church and just was lazy most of the day, though I did work on Amy's journal. I should have gotten it in the mail on Monday but didn't make it. I finished it yesterday morning before work. I wanted to get photos before sending. My work days are very long these days. Not much time to be online.


But Life is good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment