Monday, January 23, 2012

POMEGRANATE SEEDS: DECEMBER 19

MONDAY: DECEMBER 19:

I woke up at 1:30 with a really stuffy nose and then proceeded to sneeze for an hour. I think it’s from dry air. I need to pick up some saline nasal spray today.

I got back to sleep and slept until 7:00 this morning, and felt pretty good when I woke up.

Before I woke up I was dreaming that there was a fire in the trash can under the kitchen sink, when I reached in to get it out my thumbnail caught fire, but it did not burn or hurt. So strange, I had to look up dream symbols to see if I can tell what that’s about. LOL It’s not making a lot of sense to me but I’ll think about it today.

To dream of seeing a thumb, foretells that you will be the favorite of artful persons and uncertain fortune. If you are suffering from a sore thumb, you will lose in business, and your companions will prove disagreeable. To dream that you have no thumb, implies destitution and loneliness. If it seems unnaturally small, you will enjoy pleasure for a time. If abnormally large, your success will be rapid and brilliant. A soiled thumb indicates gratification of loose desires. If the thumb has a very long nail, you are liable to fall into evil through seeking strange pleasures.

Fire is favorable to the dreamer if he does not get burned. It brings continued prosperity to seamen and voyagers, as well as to those on land. To dream of seeing your home burning, denotes a loving companion, obedient children, and careful servants. For a business man to dream that his store is burning, and he is looking on, foretells a great rush in business and profitable results. To dream that he is fighting fire and does not get burned, denotes that he will be much worked and worried as to the conduct of his business. To see the ruins of his store after a fire, forebodes ill luck. He will be almost ready to give up the effort of amassing a handsome fortune and a brilliant business record as useless, but some unforeseen good fortune will bear him up again. If you dream of kindling a fire, you may expect many pleasant surprises. You will have distant friends to visit. To see a large conflagration, denotes to sailors a profitable and safe voyage. To men of literary affairs, advancement and honors; to business people, unlimited success.

Burns Burns stand for tidings of good. To burn your hand in a clear and flowing fire, denotes purity of purpose and the approbation of friends. To burn your feet in walking through coals, or beds of fire, denotes your ability to accomplish any endeavor, however impossible it may be to others. Your usual good health will remain with you, but, if you are overcome in the fire, it represents that your interests will suffer through treachery of supposed friends.

I sure had a hard time getting motivated to go to work today! Why is it so much harder to make yourself go to work when you have vacation a few days away? LOL

My two appointments went well today. The latter one ran long. The 9 year old is expressing suicidal ideation. I’m very concerned. He is seeing an individual therapist, but won’t see her again until February! I’ve suggested that mom make an appointment with a child psychiatrist in Grand Forks or Duluth to assess his meds. Very scary when someone that young is expressing the wish to die so often. He may need to be hospitalized. I don’t have the right letters behind my name to do so unfortunately. I did feel like I gave his mom some tools to use to help him, and parents and schools are doing everything to keep him safe.

I got the rest of the letters for cards printed today.

I printed the cards I’m sending to close family and friends.

Started addressing cards tonight after dinner while watching TV

I love THE CLOSER on TNT

I picked up some bags of treats to put into the gift bags I’m giving to client/families this year. Delivered four of them, 5 more to go. One of my families is Jehovah’s Witness so I’m not giving them a Christmas gift.

Tom made Chicken Curry with Brown rice for dinner tonight. I’d forgotten to eat all day so was starving at dinner. It was so good!

I fell asleep watching Rizzoli and Isles, Tom woke me up to send me to bed!

I didn’t have time to get many cards addressed, they’re first on my list of things to do in the morning before phone calls and e-mails start. I don’t see clients until after school.

The roads were icy today after the snow, I had to drive more carefully and slowly.

I still don’t have anything in my schedule for Thursday. I’ve been trying to schedule with one client for a month. I don’t think she’s really all that interested in services so I will probably close with her. It would be nice to have Thursday as a day to get caught up on paperwork for last week and this week and to go into vacation totally caught up so that work is the farthest thing from my mind!

I love getting Christmas cards from people we don’t hear from otherwise during the year.

I found two different recipes for Pomegranate Salads today, I’ll make two, one for Christmas Eve Dinner, the other for Christmas Day dinner.

I’m absolutely enthralled by the little crowns on top of pomegranates.

I read directions for how to de-seed a pomegranate underwater, sure sounds less messy than other directions I’ve read.

We will be having Lasagna, Pomegranate Salad, bread with sundried tomatoes spread and dipping oil for dinner on Christmas Eve.

Christmas Day Dinner will be Rosemary Roasted Chicken, roasted potatoes and squash, Pomegranate Salad, homemade lime sherbet.

I usually make a kickass Breakfast Pizza for breakfast on Christmas Day but Tom has two church services as Christmas is on Sunday this year so I’ll make it on Monday instead, for brunch.

I’ve decided to go to the 5:00 PM Christmas Eve Service at Mt. Carmel rather than the 11:00 service at Bethany to make it easier for myself to go to church alone on Christmas Eve.

I have to choose a day next week to have Becca and her sister Cierra over for some fun time, baking, crafting, watching movies maybe.

Amazon FINALLY shipped the items I ordered for Tom for Christmas. I hope they’ll be here on time!

Counting down: 3 days
5 or 6 family sessions with clients
2 “sleeps” ‘til Christmas vacation

No comments:

Post a Comment