Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sophia, Lady Wisdom, The Star In My Heart



Once upon a time.... I walked in great darkness, so dark that I even lost sight of the moon and stars. The moon and stars that had always healed me seemed to have disappeared; the North Star the guided me seemed to have vanished, dropped from the sky, swallowed up by some vast black hole. Until that time darkness had been a welcome visitor, for it was an avenue to the healing lights of starlight and moonlight.


Darkness became unfriendly, hositle, frightening. It destroyed my hope, my opimistic view of life. I lived with strangers in an unfamiliar land, feeling sad, lonely, and empty all the time. I wanted to run away out of the darkness, away from my pain, but felt a responsibility not to abandon those whom I loved. I looked for light in all the wrong places, the wrong faces, and found only more darkness. It was a time of extreme lonliness. I retreated from the world that seemed so bleak and hopeless by going deeper into myself.


At first when I went there I felt even more lonely. But then something amazing, something miraculous happened. In the silence of that darkness I became aware of an inner whisper, a Divine Inner Whisper, who gently taught me in mysterious ways to enjoy, cherish, celebrate, the beauty and goodness, the strength, hope and joy I had buried like treasure in the inner darkness. It was then that I discovered "The Star In My Heart", the presence of Sophia, Wisdom, The Feminine Face of God. She has been my constant companion since then, bringing along her sisters Compassion, Risk, Truth, Honesty, Faith, Gratitude. Guided by The Star in My Heart I rediscovered the light, found my way home to my True North. Like the 3 astrologers who followed the Star of Bethlehem I have followed the star that "filled [my] heart with delight" (Matthew 2:10) and found my way home to my Self, secure in myself that even when things seem the darkest, "The Divine Companion" keeps the kindling of love burning in my heart.


A "portrait" of Sohia, Lady Wisdom..

"Within her is a spirit intelligent, holy,
unique, manifold, subtle,
active, incisive, unsullied,
lucid, invulnerable, benevolent,
sharp, irresistable, beneficient, loving to humankind,
steadfast, dependable, unperterbed,
almighty, all surveying,
penetrating all intelligent, pure
and most subtle spirits;
for [Sophia] is quicker to move than any motion;
she is so pure, she pervades and permeates all things.
She is the breath of the power of God,
pure emanation of the [Creator];
hence nothing impure can find a way into her,
She is a reflection of the eternal light,
untarnished mirror of God's active power,
image of God's goodness.
--Wisdom 7:22-26


Sophia, Lady Wisdom, The Feminine Face of God, keeps the embers alive in dark times, through play and delight.
"[Sophia] was at God's side...
Delighting God day after day,
ever at play in God's presence,
at play everywhere in God's world...
-Proverbs 8:30-31

Dearest Sophia, my constant companion, The Star In My heart, thank you for your presence in my life, shine through my daily life, remind me of your constant presence when I am blinded by darkness in the external world.

LIFE IS GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment