Friday, November 4, 2011


Ahhhh.....Friday....how I adore you!!!

Today is an easy day, just lunch/consult with Dr. D. Anna and Kendra aren't able to be there so I will have him all to myself.

I'm done seeing clients until Monday and it's looking like a fairly light week barring client crisis. I'm so looking forward to the weekend. Art time, a bit of housework and just hanging out. I'm so stoked!


Yesterday was a pretty good work day. At my last appointment I talked to the family about ending services as they have accomplished most of the goal/objectives in the treatment plan. What is so funny is this big 6 ft teen telling me that he's going to have to mess up so that I can keep coming. I could have ended last night but the family wants one more visit/session for closure. I intend to make that last session a celebration of their success! What was so adorable was this big guy saying to me, "You know, I loved watching the movie "Mary Poppins" when I was little, and your coming to our house has been like having her here, I cried at the end of the movie when she left, I feel like crying now that you've told us that you won't be coming anymore." So sweet! This is one of those families that's going to be really hard for me to stop seeing. I really like and enjoy the mom and son. They've come so far in 3 months! Nice to have a successful ending now and again.

After the last session I stopped by another client's house to drop off some flowers for her. She's been in the hospital with a bad staff infection 8 weeks after having plates put in her leg a couple of places after she broke it mid summer. She's on IV antibiotics for 12 weeks at home now. Feeling kind of blue. She makes earrings so I bought a pair from her that hadn't sold at a local gift shop. I told her they were grossly underpriced. They're so pretty! I'll wear them today. She could use the cash as she's not able to work right now. I don't usually do that but it seemed therapeutic this time. I told her about a couple of gift shops that will be opening soon that she might be able to display her earrings. Very pretty and well made and so affordable!

I putzed a bit in the sketchbook yesterday but wasn't able to get into it much, so I cooked a chard/garbanzo/sweet potatoe dish for our lunch. (I had to use up the chard) It was yummy! Then I put some tofu in marinade for dinner. I baked it instead of frying it. Who knew tofu could be so delicious? Easy dinner with sides of red rice, and stir fried mix of carrots, celery, onion, green peppers and snow peas with a bit of 5 Spice. It was so good! Moderate calories, high protein, and low fat.The recipe is definitly a keeper!

LIFE IS GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment